Blog

2018-12-08

Christmas card 2018

Showing all comments about the post Christmas card 2018. To return to the blog post, click here.

Comments

Comments in green were written by me. Comments in blue were not written by me.
 2018-12-17
@Carmel: It's not meant to check your answers. It only shows up red if the number you enter cannot be split into valid pairs (eg the number has an odd number of digits or one of the pairs of digits is greater than 20).
Matthew
 2018-12-16
The script for checking the answers doesn't work properly
Carmel
 2018-12-14
Thank you Shawn!
SueM
 2018-12-14
So satisfying!
Heather
 2018-12-10
Great puzzle problems! Hint on #9: try starting with an analogous problem using smaller numbers (e.g. 3a + 10b). This helped me to see what I had to do more generally.
Noah
 2018-12-10
@Seth: try solving it for 3a+4b, 3a+5b, 4a+5b, etc and look for patterns
Matthew
 2018-12-09
Loved these puzzles! I have no idea how to approach #9, though. Will the solutions be posted at any point? Or, can anyone provide a hint to how to approach it?
Seth
 2018-12-09
Blaine said I'd like the puzzle, and he was right, too.
Margaret G
 2018-12-09
Great puzzles. Especially enjoyed #9. Thanks for the entertainment!
John
 2018-12-09
Think I got it! A sure sign of spring. number 9 was a struggle.
Mike
 2018-12-09
Someone told me I would like this puzzle and they were right!
Blaine

I will only use your email address to reply to your comment (if a reply is needed).

Allowed HTML tags: <br> <a> <small> <b> <i> <s> <sup> <sub> <u> <spoiler> <ul> <ol> <li>
To prove you are not a spam bot, please type "linear" in the box below (case sensitive):

Archive

▼ show ▼
 2013
▼ show ▼
 2012
▼ show ▼

Tags

royal baby machine learning dates game of life puzzles rugby oeis folding tube maps geometry raspberry pi platonic solids national lottery reuleaux polygons reddit mathsjam logic wool coins misleading statistics trigonometry polynomials accuracy map projections world cup craft radio 4 dataset the aperiodical probability golden spiral dragon curves sorting captain scarlet a gamut of games error bars mathslogicbot big internet math-off chess electromagnetic field news go frobel christmas card inline code propositional calculus final fantasy light pizza cutting books stickers estimation ternary graph theory manchester science festival countdown curvature games plastic ratio harriss spiral speed martin gardner interpolation manchester folding paper london menace data asteroids game show probability bodmas football sport noughts and crosses flexagons tennis programming mathsteroids people maths php matt parker triangles european cup fractals video games realhats hats pac-man arithmetic draughts palindromes sound latex rhombicuboctahedron twitter javascript python golden ratio christmas bubble bobble hexapawn binary weather station chebyshev pythagoras london underground approximation cross stitch gerry anderson statistics chalkdust magazine nine men's morris braiding

Archive